Several months ago I was asked to record a small video to Spread GNU Parallel. GNU Parallel is a fantastic tool, a Swiss army knife for process parallelization. With GNU Parallel you can:
- Parallelize long boring pipelines with only a few extra lines of code.
- Spread load across multiple servers.
- Reduce IO in your systems by using buff/cache properly.
- Remove IO at all in your systems with fancy one-liners.
Till that moment I had already written 2 post on my web page:
- A Quick and Neat 🙂 Orchestrator using GNU Parallel
- Optimizing long batch processes or ETL by using buff/cache properly (recently updated)
But making videos was a new world for me… Here you are:
Please do not apply any cat filter to it (vlc video.mp3|cat) 😛 😛 It is not funny! (April’s fool is coming)