- Logon in the control panel
- Navigate to the backup page
- Perform the backup
- Download it to your local computer.
This is a manually/time consuming task and of course you should not forget it!!
In this post I gonna show my automatic method to backup files and databases using:
- Crontab for automatic backups.
- Public/private keys for passwordless ssh connections.
- Rsync command for synchronizing directories between remote and local servers. This way bandwidth is reduced as if a file has already been copied to the local server no data transfer is needed.
- Mysqldump for dumping the MySQL databases to a local file.
- SpiderOak for data deduplication and remote backup.
Some previous knowledge is needed to understand how it works, anyway there are some useful links to understand it. 🙂